You've found the home on the net for romance writer, LaVerne Clark. Thanks for visiting! :)

I write suspense and light fantasy/paranormal set in the beautiful country of New Zealand. A land of myths and magic, Aotearoa (Maori for Long White Cloud) has always been a storytelling nation and it is my pleasure to share mine with you.

Make yourself your drink of choice, stay a while and feel free to leave comments. I love to meet new friends.



Heartpounding suspense and fantasy Downunder



Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Doing the Happy Dance

Well - I've done it!! Cue "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands..."  : )

I've just hit the send button on my submission for a Superhero anthology call by Samhain Publishing. It's been three months of late nights, frustration, excitement and nerves. But - it's all worth it. That feeling of accomplishment is the best thing in the world. Oh, okay - the second best. The first is getting an acceptance letter/email for your submission : )

Samhain have said final decisions will be made by 1 October. I will be biting my nails until then!

What have you done recently you're proud/happy/scared of?

7 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo!! Good for you. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that you get that awesome news you're hoping for. I just KNOW it's gonna be great.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Maeve - this is why you're such a fantastic writer - you know how to make a girl feel great! : ) Your support means a lot, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, LaVerne! I hope you get a contract.
    I recently sold another book to The Wild Rose Press for the Champagne line. Very happy about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On, LaVerne, I'm so proud of you. Hitting the send button is hard, but you faced the "Submission Demon" head on and did it. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. Waiting for an answer is hard. I've been waiting since the middle of June and got my answer yesterday. TWRP wants "Mona Lisa's Room." I know you'll get the same response. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and good luck. I'm making myself finish a novel I've worked on and off on fir 12 years. Quite a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck LaVerne! Thinking happy thoughts and yay you for jumping in this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Lynne!! That is magic. How many stories do you have out now? One day I hope to achieve as many.

    Thank you so much Vonnie - I will take all the finger crossing I can get : ) How on earth did you wait so long without going crazy?! Mind you, thats a pretty short wait by traditional publishing standards isn't it? And a big WOOT for "Mona Lisa's Room" - I'll be keeping my eye out for that.

    Wow, Beth. That would be a challenge, but if anyone can do it, you can. Have you found the characters have evolved since you first met them?

    Thank you so much Calisa. The more good thoughts out there for this story the better I think! Can't hurt anyway : )

    ReplyDelete