You've found the home on the net for romance writer, LaVerne Clark. Thanks for visiting! :)

I write suspense and light fantasy/paranormal set in the beautiful country of New Zealand. A land of myths and magic, Aotearoa (Maori for Long White Cloud) has always been a storytelling nation and it is my pleasure to share mine with you.

Make yourself your drink of choice, stay a while and feel free to leave comments. I love to meet new friends.



Heartpounding suspense and fantasy Downunder



Friday, January 11, 2013

Blog of the Year Award!

I've been nominated for a Blog of the Year award by one of my very favourite authors, Vonnie Davis! My very first award, folks! :) Look at it. Isn't it a thing of beauty - all shiny and new!

Thank you Vonnie, dear. I will proudly display this on my blog and think of you every time I look at it. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Vonnie, (even if only online) I am very sorry for you. Vonnie is one of those people you fall instantly in love with. Her spirit, warmth, generosity, wisdom and laugh-out-loud humour captivates. Her posts in reply to a fellow writer's plights or pleas on our shared publisher's loops are always encouraging, comforting and uplifting. She knows just the right thing to say - and so beautifully, every time. And her books are filled with the same qualities. If you haven't read any of Vonnie's books yet, you really are missing out. Start with her first novel, Storm's Interlude. Or, if you feel like a novella-sized story, try, Those Violet Eyes. You can't go wrong with either Storm or Win. Hmmm...but then there is Cam (Tumbleweed Letters) and Niko (Mona Lisa's Room). I'm waiting impatiently for her next stories. Her blog is so much fun and she loves visitors. I promise, you'll fall in love with this very special lady too. http://www.vintagevonnie.blogspot.com


The ‘rules’ for the award are simple:


1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award

2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.

3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Awardhttp://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)

4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them

5. You can now also join our Facebook page – click the link here ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear/ and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience

6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…



And now - I'd like to nominate a few blogs for this award.

Vonnie Davis - http://www.vintagevonnie.blogspot.com
As I've explained above - one of my very favourite people and authors - and I'd love to help Vonnie reach the coveted six stars. She is a champion in my eyes and totally deserves all the accolades she gets :)

Kelly Matsuura - http://www.blackwingsandwhitepaper.com
Kelly is another online friend of mine - but feels more like a sister. Like I've known her all my life. She is another incredible author who's boundless energy and is infectious. She cheers me on, lets me sulk when I need to and is always there in support in whichever way I need it. She is also the worlds BEST critique partner who can zero in on a snag and sort it out in record time. Watch out for her name in the future, or check out her self-published collection of short stories, Stirring Winds. I predict this lady is going to rock the publishing world :)

Heather Jensen - http://www.heatherj22.wordpress.com
Heather is another wonderful, wonderful online friend. I swear, finding true friends like these ladies is a real blessing. Heather is another powerhouse of a writer. She constantly inspires me to be a better writer, better organized and is one hell of a NaNoWriMo buddy. She is the undisputed NaNoWriMo Queen in my eyes. The year before last, she wrote just over 100,000 words in one month. ONE MONTH! I know - crazy fast isn't it? And the freaky thing is, the writing was GOOD! I can't wait to see Heather's name on the cover of a book. I've a feeling it won't be long at all until we do.

Calisa Rhose - http://www.calisarhose.wordpress.com
Another fellow Wild Rose Press author, Calisa is a busy, productive and generous lady. I want to be like her when I grow up! Not only is she an incredible writer, but an editor for an e-publisher too. Calisa's blog is a wonderful place to visit, learn and be entertained. Her guests are varied and interesting and she's just recently   started a new spot on her blog where readers, writers and aspiring writers can chat to editors! How cool is that? Calisa has already been nominated three other times for this award - but it just goes to show how loved and admired she is.  

Enjoy your awards everyone - and thank you for being with me on this wonderful writing journey. Its been a blast having you girls alongside me. Love you all, xx

3 comments:

  1. You deserve this award as much as Vonnie, LaVerne! When I was choosing new names last night I couldn't think of everyone I want to give this too, but you are absolutely one who should have it. Thanks darlin. I'm flattered you want to be like me because I want to be YOU! :D Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See how smart Calisa is? Like me, she knows a talented writer and endearing personality when she meets her. Thanks for nominating me again--and for all your kind words. The only thing wrong with them is now I'll have to try to measure up. ;-) Thanks, darlin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the beautiful comments, LaVerne! You're my no.1 inspiration and thoroughly deserving of ALL awards!

    ReplyDelete