You've found the home on the net for romance writer, LaVerne Clark. Thanks for visiting! :)

I write suspense and light fantasy/paranormal set in the beautiful country of New Zealand. A land of myths and magic, Aotearoa (Maori for Long White Cloud) has always been a storytelling nation and it is my pleasure to share mine with you.

Make yourself your drink of choice, stay a while and feel free to leave comments. I love to meet new friends.



Heartpounding suspense and fantasy Downunder



Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Exclusive Excerpt - Affinity

All posts for the Affinity party are on the RHS for your convenience so you can catch up on what you've missed

Who feels like something a little steamy?....


“Jenna.” He whispered her name as if it was a prayer, walking her backward until the wall supported her. She guessed he was giving her time to protest, to break off the inevitable, but no force on earth could stop her from having him this time.
“Yes,” she answered on a sigh and threaded her arms around his neck. Pulling him close was all the encouragement he needed.
His lips met hers softly at first, testing her response. Heat flicked along her nerve endings threatening to flare as he continued to tease with nibbling bites and gentle suction. She squirmed and mewled like a kitten at his light touches.
“Stop teasing me, damn it,” she growled. She felt his grin against the corner of her mouth and took the opportunity to slide her tongue over the crease of his lips.
A wordless sound rumbled in the back of his throat and all of a sudden the teasing lover had gone, replaced by one who devoured. Jenna shivered in delight, reveling in his superior strength.
The hands fisted in her hair kept her in place while the thigh wedged between her legs rubbed enticingly against her aching centre. She groaned and he took full advantage, finally slipping his tongue inside her mouth to explore and tantalize...



14 comments:

  1. Laverne, you really should be passing out fans at the door.

    Happy release day! Twice! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe - thanks Mac. After the children are in bed, I'm going to have a cool drink.

      Delete
  2. **SQUEE!** I've got it already and have read the first chapter. Got me hooked, girlfriend. Loving it. Have a glorious day, my release day partner. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about steamy!! So hard to stop reading that I don't want to stop with your wee teaser, no TV tonight - have to do some reading. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! And happy release to you too Vonnie. You know how much I LOVED 'Those Violet Eyes'. It was a Five-star read for me and will be read over again and again. Hope you enjoy your release day too Vonnie!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little steamy....you always underestimate your love scenes, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laverne, are you staying up all night to entertain your US friends and fans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have gone to bed just before this post :) It was hard to leave the computer and go to bed, let me tell you! Everyone here is so cool! I've loved spending time with them - none more so than you Kelly, xo

      Delete
  7. Loved your steamy excerpt so much I posted it.
    http://vintagevonnie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo!!! Thank you Vonnie - but I much prefer yours from, "Those Violet Eyes". Phew!! I'll never look at horseback riding the same way again... ;)

      Delete
  8. "Affinity" sounds amazing! I can't wait to read it. I hope I win an epub copy. The other prizes look really nice too. My sisters and I were all exchange students to other countries. My next older sister, Beverly, spent 11 months in Auckland, NZ. Her pictures and descriptions of the people and the country were so great that I've been wanting to visit for over 30 years. Maybe someday.
    I just discovered you as an author on Goodreads. I look forward to enjoying your stories. All the best to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hitchcockbe44!!
      I'm beyond thrilled to see you here - and you're welcome to friend me on Goodreads. I'd be honoured :)
      How cool for all of you to have been exchange students! What a way to see the world. I've often thought of hosting students and can't wait until my children are old enough to be able to get with the programme.
      You won't regret a visit to NZ - it really is everything the photos and people say about it. I feel so lucky to live here. Having said that though - I've a yearning to see more of the world myself. For flightless birds, us Kiwis tend to do a lot of travel!
      Thank you so much for stopping by - and good luck with the spot prizes throughout the remainder of the day.

      Delete