You've found the home on the net for romance writer, LaVerne Clark. Thanks for visiting! :)

I write suspense and light fantasy/paranormal set in the beautiful country of New Zealand. A land of myths and magic, Aotearoa (Maori for Long White Cloud) has always been a storytelling nation and it is my pleasure to share mine with you.

Make yourself your drink of choice, stay a while and feel free to leave comments. I love to meet new friends.



Heartpounding suspense and fantasy Downunder



Tuesday, October 18, 2011

NaNoWriMo - Arghh!




Yep. It's that time of year when those writer-people attempt the near-impossible - write a 50,000 novel in one month. And for the first time, I've decided to give it a go. And now I'm thinking ARE YOU CRAZY?!

My latest novella (coming sometime in 2012 by The Wild Rose Press), Affinity just shy of 30,000 words, took 3 months of late nights and grumpy days. How are my children and husband going to handle one crazy month with an even crazier mother and wife? Ah...but I have a cunning plan... : )

The story is a sequel to Affinity and one I'm super excited to start. It's all there in my head, with plot-lines written down in black and white and the hero clamouring to make his presence felt. I can't wait to bring him to life.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Georgie! End of day 6 and I have just over 11,000 words. All going well so far - and I'm having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge, Laverne. Good on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cherie! Still feeling pretty good about it. I've hit just over 21K now - full steam ahead! : )

    ReplyDelete